The Lord spoke to me about the three Bes of living in His Blessing.
First of all Be forgiven.
I have come to understand being forgiven is no an event but a lifelong privilege. We learn to live in the state of being forgiven. The Lord told me that He had forgiven me for my past present and future mistakes. I was to live in continual forgiveness. This is part of Eternal life. Confession of sin is for our benefit to facilitate cleansing from iniquity or the propensity towards a particular sin. In this we grow. But even in this we are forgiven. Our sin consciousness alienates us in our minds from Him . He is not alienated from us.
• 2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.16 ¶ Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
• Romans 517 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
• Ephesians 4:18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart;
• Colossians 1:21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled
• Hebrew 1015 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
• Hebrews 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
In searching for the definition for reconciliation the aspect that spoke to me the clearest is that reconciliation is the restoration of a friendship that was broken. It means to become friendly once more. Jesus defined friendship as this John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. In living in reconciliation we live in a friendly relationship with God through Christ. The Father is friendly towards us. This also means all His creation is friendly towards us. Part of the curse upon Adam was that He would toil with the ground and it would withhold its goodness from Him . Jesus reversed the curse. The earth is now friendly towards the sons of God.
• Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
• James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.
• 2 Corithians 5: 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
• 17 ¶ Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.”
• Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
• Genesis 1:11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so.
• Genesis 1:20 ¶ Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.”
• Genesis 1:24 ¶ Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so.
• Genesis 9:7 And as for you, be fruitful and multiply; Bring forth abundantly in the earth And multiply in it.”
• John 15:15 “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
Now that we have forgiveness we are friendly with God we can experience Redemption. Redemption is the possessing of something that was lost or sold. It implies you once owned it lost or pawned it and now regain it. All that we lost in Adam is now regained in Christ. If you look at god’s original intention for His man you will see what we have regained. We have regained His blessing His approval and His favor.
The curse is reversed. What came in the fall of man at His declaration of independence or great mistake was poverty sickness and spiritual death. Adams conscience of His sin alienated Him from the life of His Creator and from His true identity as a son of God made in His likeness and image . He lost His awareness of His dominion and authority over creation. I don’t believe in evolution if anything the reverse is true The Devil made a monkey out of a man and started a downward evolution that could only be reversed in Christ. It is not more education that changes man it is a revolutionary overthrow of His mind and a spiritual rebirth connecting us with our true creator .
• Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),
• 1 Peter 1:18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
• Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
• Romans 3:24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
• Romans 8:23 Not only that, but we also who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
• 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God––and righteousness and sanctification and redemption––
• Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
• Ephesians 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
• Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
• Colossians 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
• Hebrews 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
• Hebrews 9:15 ¶ And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.